Holiday support for Henderson family left homeless by fire

Designed Dec. 3, 2013

Henderson, NV — A Henderson family loses every thing in a fire just weeks ahead of Christmas, but the community is stepping up to help them have a content vacation.

Henderson fire officials say it seems an electrical short sparked the blaze that gutted the Alvarado family’s mobile home on Monday.

Their girls have been at college, but Bobbie Alvarado and Jhamal Dawkins had been home when the fire started.

Alvarado said, “It pretty a lot melted everything, like, our refrigerator’s melted shut.”

They are acquiring help from the American Red Cross and Operation Fire Heat.

Operation Fire Heat is a non-profit that specializes in helping folks who lose their residences due to fire in the course of the holidays.

Volunteers are taking the Alvarado’s purchasing for fundamental supplies and Christmas gifts this week.

The family does not have insurance coverage or the cash proper now to replace the belongings they lost.

No Comments

Leave comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

(Spamcheck Enabled)