Fire damages home near Alta and Valley View

Las Vegas firefighters responded to 412 Red River Drive at 4:35 p.m. on Friday soon after neighbors reported smoke coming from the house.

When firefighters arrived, smoke was showing from a a single story wood frame house.

The property was locked up and firefighters had to force entry into the residence.  Once inside they found the fire in the kitchen, around the stove.  They had the fire under handle in just a couple of minutes.

The fire caused $ 25,000 damage, mainly to the kitchen area.

At first it was thought the house was vacant, but it was later discovered from neighbors that a person lives in the home.  They had been not at home at the time of the fire.

Fire investigators determined the fire began on the stove. It appeared that the fire had been smoldering for a long time.

There were reported injuries related with the incident.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

(Spamcheck Enabled)